Dear Maryville FUMC Family,
It is hard to say this, but due to COVID-19 we have begun a period of social distancing. The church is not "closed", but we are in a time of restriction. Our policy has been and will continue to be that when the schools are closed, so are we. We will reevaluate these restrictions at our next board meeting on Thursday, April 28th.
What do these restrictions mean?
Beginning NOW and continuing through Phase 1:
- Church services will be held on Saturdays at 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm and Sundays at 9:00 am and 12:00 pm. Entering in the NW Main Entrance Doors.
- During the week the church and office is only opened for essential employees with all outside doors will remain locked.
- During our regular office hours, Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., someone will be in the office to answer your call. We encourage you to call before making any trip to the church.
- All events, small groups, Sunday school classes, meetings, and gatherings at the church are cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- We will be streaming Worship services each Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
- Our Wednesday Community meal, ChOW, will continue with curb-side distribution only until further notice.
Please know, share, and shout out loud: while our activities are no longer taking place together in community, our journey together continues. There is a quote going around in this time of anxiety that is right on point: “We will never know if we overreacted, but we will surely know if we didn’t do enough.” Amen. It is our responsibility as the church to lead by example. We move forward with caution to keep each and every one of us safe and healthy.
You will be hearing from us again soon as our church staff is seeking creative ways to stay connected and help us all feel a sense of community in this time of uncertainty.
No virus will shut down the faith community.
Praying each of you many blessings as we move forward in the grace we have, through faith in Jesus Christ our Lord,
Pastor Kim Mitchell